Re: Systemtap does not clean up properly

c.bezemer wrote:

> Thanks, but we are actually already doing this.

I guess the question is how are you killing the userspace stap
processes, and how are you trying to manually remove the stap_XXXX
modules?  If you just SIGINT the stap* processes, they should clean up
nicely after themselves.  If you SIGKILL, then you take responsibility
for removing the kernel modules, which should be just an rmmod.

> Here is a stack trace in case it helps:
> http://paste.debian.net/42978/

That trace appears to show some near-OOM conditions from stap scripts
that are trying to start up, as opposed to anything related to
shutdown.  (The actual pattern indicates a fragmentation problem that
dsmith's commit 3f873e53e should fix.)