Re: One other thing

   Date: Tue, 02 Jun 1998 12:48:08 -0400
   From: "Michael M. Tiller" <mtiller@ford.com>

   Has anybody considered using SWIG?  Check out http://www.swig.org for
   more information.

   Basically, SWIG is a wrapper generator that can read C/C++ header
   files and generate wrapper code to various scripting languages like
   Tcl, Perl and Python.  SWIG is useful even if you only intend to use
   one scripting language because it does lots of tedious code
   generation.

I took a look.  I'm not sure if it's quite what we need here - Xconq
needs a bunch of C code that is closely interleaved with the GUI code,
and SWIG looks more oriented towards "C code as black boxes".  Still,
it's cool that you get a choice of scripting languages supported.
There seem to be quite a few happy users, and I'm still going through
the testimonials... -s