Re: Xconq 7.2.1 Preview Available

On 27 May 1998, Massimo Campostrini wrote:

> Stan Shebs <shebs@cygnus.com> writes:
>
> > Incidentally, I'm considering doing a tcl/tk version of IMFApp, as a
> > test of the tcl approach.  I would add in xshowimf features as well as
> > carry over the Mac tool's goodies.
>
> Sounds interesting.  I was thinking to port xshowimf to the gtk
> toolkit (hopefully as a warm-up exercise for a port of xconq proper),
> but maybe I'll wait and see it I like the tcl/tk version.

I think the decision for a new toolkit is a crucial one and all
alternatives should be carefully compared. Many people dislike gtk
programming interface and many people (that is, I certanly do :) ) find
tcl/tk terribly slow (although nice looking).

I am not sure I can convince you guys to do *both* conversions ... But
perhaps you should think about the options, or discuss them.

Of course, I am going to just read mail in the mean time. :)

Jan Javorsek