Re: Xconq 7.2.1 Preview Available

   From: Massimo Campostrini <campo@mailbox.difi.unipi.it>
   Date: 25 May 1998 08:59:00 +0200

   xshowimf is badly broken; it was working in 7.2.  E.g.:
   "xshowimf lib/standard.imf" doesn't find any image.
   "xshowimf lib/ancient.imf" finds images, but scales them (IMHO
   xshowimf should never scale images unless asked); the built-in
   magnification is broken.

Yow!  I could've sworn that was working, that's how I was testing the
generic scaling before I tried out xconq proper.  But I'm seeing the
same lossage as you.

   Can you try to undo the changes you introduced in 7.2.1?

Changes are pretty massive, and affect the generic<->platform-specific
code interface.  (I know, I know, not supposed to do that for a patch
level release...)  At this point it would be easier to fix xshowimf;
I'll jump on that.

There is one other bug fix that might justify a 7.2.1 respin or else a
7.2.2 - X11 games using default images need a patch (which I've
written already) to keep from crashing.