Re: Thoughts on the standard game

Stan Shebs <shebs@cygnus.com> writes:

> That should be fixed.  I'm not sure how - I like the idea of being able
> to do "surgical strikes" - but the current behavior is by happenstance
> rather than by design.

GDL should be more flexible in this respect; I think that now we have
just   UnitTypeProperty: `see-occupants' T/F

In a "realistic" game, one would like e.g. to be able to see a
battleship in port, but not a jeep; and maybe depending on the
observing unit: a patrol aircraft would notice an armored division
hiding in town, but a ship would not.  And one could prefer a
probability to a simple yes/no alternative.

Once occupants are seen, the game must decide which units can attack
occupants, what is the chance of missing them and hitting the
transport instead etc.

Lots of things to be done for 7.3. ;-)

	Massimo