Re: Thoughts on the standard game

On Thu, 19 Mar 1998, Keir Novik wrote:

> > I beleive that the main problem (shown also by the latter comment
> > that one bomb can not damage several units) is one of language more
> > than content.  The language of XConq's message often does not show
> > that this is not one bomber attacking with one bomb, but always a
> > group consisting of more individual units.
>
> Okay, I chose a poor example.  I'm more concerned that there is a
> difference between attacking a stack of units out in the open
> (e.g. infantry and armor) and a stack of units in a city.

I sustain Keir on this, long ago i made the same remarks....
it is far more secure to leave all units outside a city than inside.

Another point i would like to bring again to discussion:

in one of my last plays, i noticed again that in some cases cities were
completely destroyed on capture... wouldn't it be more nice to have the cities
downsized from city to town, village etc on beign damaged? (in the same manner
villages that are on high traffic lines in peace time become towns then cities
;)

Then another point that was really irritating:
i just was about to crush a computer opponent, deployed savantly (hopefully) my
units, but that bastard surrendered, and all cities were gone just under  my
nose...... which gave my human opponent exactly the time to crush me :(

is there a parameter to stop cities vanish? same thing i thought have seen in
the documentation a chance that the other sides units could be reverted and
join the winner?

ciao
bboett at erm1 dot u-strasbg dot fr
bboett at erm1 dot u-strasbg dot fr
http://erm6.u-strasbg.fr/~bboett
Unsolicited commercial email is NOT welcome at this email address