Re: Game Library Questions

>Hans Ronne <Hans.Ronne@imim.uu.se> writes:
>> 3. Roman Civil War. Very nice map. Could use a few more "real history"
>>    variants, though.  It is a little boring to start with the battle
>>    of Actium every time!
>
>I never play either of the main Roman sides.  It's more fun to play
>Parthia or Egypt and take over Rome.  I hacked it once to put an urbs in
>England too, and started from there. :)
>
>Brian.

One thing I find interesting is that if you put all 4 sides on automatic
Egypt wins. Every time. The Egyptians will quitely expand and build up
their power, and then move in and crush Ceasar and Pompeijus, who are to
busy fighting each other to expand. Parthia, on the other had, never takes
off at all. Its units will just goof around without trying to capture any
cities. I think it shows how sensitive the mplayer is to initial
conditions, such as geography and neighbours. Seems like it needs some good
options (such as nearby cities to capture) at the start of the game in
order to develop a strategy that makes sense. Otherwise, it will just sit
back and roll its thumbs.

Hans

Hans Ronne
Ronne@bmc.uu.se