Re: Snap '92 under Suse Linux

   Date: Wed, 08 Sep 1999 21:24:43 +0200
   From: Marcus Schrattenholzer <1schratt@informatik.uni-hamburg.de>

   When building the latest Xconq snapshot under Suse Linux I encountered
   the following problems, which are all tcl/tk related:
   Suse allows for two different versions of tcl/tk in parallel. These are
   packaged in
     tcl-7.6p2-37, tcl_new-8.0.5-12,
     tk-4.2p2-35, tk_new-8.0.5-12.
   The older version is the default, and that's the one which xconq
   configure finds (and which doesn't work).

Bleah, who did that?  Cygnus' Suse installation doesn't have anything
unusual about it.  As you can see, whoever made the change changed
only the lib names, not the associated dirs and files, so the change
wasn't even useful...

   After having tweaked the configure script (which, actually, is not
   reproduceable from configure.in since the CY_AC_* makros are not
   provided)

Oops!  They're in an aclocal.m4 at the top level, but I bet that
standard checkouts (including the one used for the snapshot) are not
getting it...

   and several source files in the tcltk dir

Which ones did you change?  Should these changes be in the generic sources?