Re: Game customization

> This is exactly how I'm going about this. The independent side is being run
> by the mplayer, with some modifications that lobotomizes it. No high level
> planning, just knee-jerk reactions. If you give it full AI powers it will just
> wipe out everybody else in a few turns, at least in those games where most
> units start out as independent.
ehhhmmm what about adding an mplayer for each indepent city??

> the Roman Civil War. After a few turns it's more like Rome 400 A.D. Hordes of
> barbarian units swarm across the borders of the empire. Ceasar and Pompejus
> have to stop fighting each other and instead face this new threat. A lot
> more fun
> (in my opinion) but hardly the scenario Massimo was trying to set up.
yep but the hordes were not coordinated (thus assigning to each independend an
own mplayer...) further what about a functionality of migration-perssure?
when lots of units appear on one frontier na indpendent tryes to move its
citie(s) and units to parts that arn't crowded?

> This is one argument in favour of customized setup - it gives you the
> option to
> play the game either as originally designed, or with a more active independent
> side.
yep agree on that

--
ciao bboett