Re: Internationalization

Bruno Boettcher <bboett@erm1.u-strasbg.fr> writes:

> true, but simple phrase generation shouldn't be too hard, even if the phrase
> structure sometimes becomes harsh :)

If you mean: "generate French as good as Massimo's shouldn't be too
hard", you are probably right ;-)

[concerning Senator Pierre Laffitte's proposed law]

> > Has he got any chances?
> difficult to say, since it is a politician i thought that they would
> make a bullet-proof proposal, but at the moment it isn't. They may
> be attacked on freedom of speach (thus freedom to use any tool) but
> there's a hughe discussion on the web site of the senate, with lots
> of people (me included ;D) who make sensed and contructive
> criticism, thus i think that the final proposal will have great
> chances of success.

No, I mean: is he well connected with the government, the majority
leaders, the press... or is he just another random Senateur?

> In the first turn i hope that they will declare commercial document
> formats illegal (here's a big consens, and that idea turns since
> long in the french senate) ...

This would be great... I am in a position to turn down Word or Excel
e-mail ("send me something I can read or get lost"), but our secretary
is forced to upgrade often to the latest and greatest MS software (and
Intel hardware) to interoperate, there go big lumps of money "stolen"
from cool toys and exotic trips ... er ... from the progess of Science
I meant.

Of course, nothing will happen in Italy, but maybe Paris first,
Bruxelles next, finally we will be "forced" to do sometring.

Ciao
	Massimo

[should we take this chat off the xconq7 mailing list,
 or are you folk interested?]