Re: Bug in "time" game

"Steven S. Dick" wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 02, 2000 at 04:35:19PM -0400, Eric R. Smith wrote:
> > AI controlled sides were not developing the technology to upgrade
> > their cities in the time.g game. Needless to say, this makes them
> > rather easy pushovers. It appears that the problem is that
> > the one city which was assigned to developing the technology
> > has a "passive" plan, which is explicitly disallowed.
>
> I've tested your patch a bit.  It does seem to help, mplayers are now
> advancing a bit.
>
> However, they still do not advance aggressively enough.  By the time the
> first mplayer has cannons, I've got flying cities...  I suspect a more
> time.g specific strategy tweak is needed too.

Hmmm, that's odd. I played two games through, and although I was
advancing
more quickly than the mplayers, the disparity certainly wasn't that
great
(at the end of the first game we were duking it out with flying cities).

Do you have a recent version of the sources? Mine is the CVS version
from Dec. 24.
Perhaps something from the recent civ2 changes helped the time code as
well?