Re: AI players don't give up

Jim Kingdon wrote:

> I talked with you about this briefly on the phone, Stan, but I have a
> test case in which I have some 400 points and the computer players
> have some 100 and they don't give up (one of the computer players is
> down to 0 and it finally did ask for a draw, but that didn't happen
> until every last unit of that player was eliminated).
>
> I tried %reveal and that didn't seem to help.  This is xconq from CVS
> as of a week or two ago (latest ChangeLog entry enclosed).

Hmph, when I was testing nw-europe changes, in one of the games the
AI gave up just as I reached Paris (I guess Rundstedt was in charge
that time :-) ).  No doubt running the saved game under the debugger
will unveil another quirk in the AI code...

> The saved game is about 400Kbytes so I thought I'd ask for whether
> that is too big before I just send it to the list.  The same thing
> should happen with pretty much any lopsided game (at least that has
> been my recent experience).

Unless somebody else wants to look at it, might as well just send it
to me.  This is actually a good argument for a bug reporting system,
one could just add savefiles and screenshots there directly.