Re: Examine other player units at end of game

Jim Kingdon wrote:

> My expectation is that I should be able to examine all units
> (including enemy and independent) after the game is over.  As nearly
> as I could guess from looking at the source code, that is the intent
> too, it just doesn't work right.

You're right, everything should be visible.  There is a tricky
little policy issue that that Hans alluded to, which is that you
have to decide whether selection allows control or not.  This is
a per-interface policy, thus the different behaviors in different
interfaces, although for the sake of players we should be more
consistent here.

Hans did the right thing for the Mac interface, which is to allow
selection of anything, but to display it differently, and to disallow
commands if control is not available.  So that means your patch is
on the right track, but we need to make sure that side_controls_unit
is tested before doing actual commands.

(And yes, there should be more kernel code that all interfaces use,
so we don't get so much divergence of behavior)