New poll - palette form

OK, it looks there's not a consensus on the value or non-value of
a change-type action, so I'm going to leave it alone for now.

As I'm going through the code trying to figure out Jim Kingdon's
bug report about missing images upon restore, I'm reminded that
there is an unused GDL form (palette ...) .  This is not an image
property, but a top-level form in its own right; the theory being
that multiple images using the same palette of colors could just
mention the palette by name, instead of listing the contents each
time.  (Right now images either get their colors from an embedded
palette property, or from the palette in a standard graphics file
format like GIF.)

In the present era of large file images, a palette form seems
incredibly quaint, not to mention that being text-based, it would
be quite hard to use.  As far as I know, it never has been used.
So I'm unable to think of a reason to keep it - but since it is a
defined part of GDL, it's possible that someone has been using it.

So - is there any reason to keep the palette form?