Re: Problems with Xconq in Win

"Jorge Andreu García" wrote:

> Hello
> I have just downloaded the Xconq sources and the tcl-tk for windows. I
> have also downloaded the cygwin from redhat.com and successfully
> installed (or so I think).

If you can write a small program, compile it with "gcc hello.c -o hello.exe"
and run it by typing "hello.exe" or double-clicking on the app icon,
then it got installed OK.  Which version did you install?

> Then I tried to install xconq, but in the first step of the README I
> found an error, after "./configure" the tcl packet, I tried to make it,
> but the compilation was halted due to an error. I write here the lines:
>
> gcc -c -DWIN32 -D_WIN32 -D_MT -D_DLL -I ./../generic/tkScrollbar.c
>     0[main] cc1 2233 handle_exceptions: Exception:
> STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
>     13620[main] cc1 2233 stackdump: DumpingStackTrace to
> cc1.EXE.stackdump
>
>     gcc: Internal Compiler Error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11
>     make[1]: ***[tkScrollbar.o] error1
>     make[1]: Leaving Directory '/home/jorge/xconq-7.3.3/tk/win'
>     make:. ***[all] Error
>
> The same when trying to compile tk packet and Xconq

My experience with building on W98 has been similar; cygwin has long
had problems with building on W98, and but is reliable with NT.
Oftentimes you can just say "make" again, and it will continue on
from where it stopped.

BTW, your error message is from building tk - did tcl build OK then?

> Also i have found when executing configure, that all checkings are true,
> except checking for X that the answer is no and checking for
> crosscompiler.

That's fine, that's what it should say.