Re: Areas

"Jorge Andreu García" wrote:

> I haven't still played xconq, but I have been looking quickly the
> manuals, and I haven't seen any area type game. Exist a union of hexes
> that form an area? I am thiking in something like Empire in Arms.

No support for area games, sorry.  In fact, the fundamental design
is based on regular arrays of cells, so area-based game support would
be nearly impossible to add.

To get area-game-like effects though, you have a number of options.
You can create impassable border terrain between groups of hexes, but
add connections as bridges between the groups, and make the units pay
all of their movement points in order to cross the bridge.  You can
also use people and/or control layers to lay out countries and regions.

You can also use city units as surrogates for areas, since a single
city can produce materials/resources, raise armies, count towards
territorial gains, etc.

If you're especially interested in Napoleonic strategy, check out
napoleon.g, and 1805.g for the Austerlitz campaign specifically.
It needs work - when you play 1805, it gets ahistorical pretty
quickly - but it gives a map and units to start from.