Re: SDL interface ideas (fwd)

>I think text messages are a good candidate for transparency.  How about a
>mechanism which has a few lines of text displayed by default, but if you
>press some key, it pulls down more text.  Maybe page up and page down to let
>you look through more of the text, and escape to banish it.  The number of
>lines displayed be default could be an individual preference perhaps, w/ a
>default like 3 or so.

Excellent idea. I also agree that the Notices is a good candidate for
transparency, in addition to mouseover and unit info.

>Here is my idea of an ideal interface for the Operation Cobra scenario:

Not so sure about expanding side tabs. See may comment about slide-out
menus in my reply to Stan. But I do like the buttons for banishing
unnecessary panels from view. I think I would use them a lot :-).

Here is my own idea of an ideal layout:

                      Nothing but the MAP                    |

       Mouseover      |             |        |               |
----------------------|  Notices    |  Game  |   World Map   |
                      |             | Status |               |
       Unit Info      |             |        |               |

Hans Ronne

hronne@pp.sbbs.se