Re: Any interest in a list of cities in Finland?

fredagen den 26 januari 2001 22:41 skrev Erik Sigra:
> I was playing around with GDL and took the file data/nation/finnish.ruleset
> from the Freeciv distribution and converted it to a simple Xconq namer to
> get some test data. Now I'm wondering if there is interest in including it
> in xconq? Some game designer might want to use it. I will probably convert
> some more city lists while I go, and I could then provide them as well. The
> naming scheme I used is:
>
> "cities_<NAME OF THE STATE>_<THE YEAR WHEN THE STATE BECAME WHAT IS
> DESCRIBED>_to[_<THE YEAR WHEN THE STATE STOPPED TO BE WHAT IS DESCRIBED>]"
>
> (If the city list describes the state as it is today, the [] part is
> omitted.)

For thoose of you who are not on freeciv-dev; I can inform you that I have
converted about 60 Freeciv city lists (all but Swedish, English, German
American and Italian) to Xconq random namers. This was a part of my effort to
integrate Xconq namer support into Freeciv. Grab the whole patch from
<ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/pub/freeciv/incoming/citynames-3.diff.bz2> to see if
there is anything useful for you in it.