Re: Any interest in a list of cities in Finland?

>UTF-8 is the most general solution.  So I'd probably rather do that
>than Latin-1 (in both cases we can start out with a few special case
>hacks rather than a full implementation).

I recall we discussed this on the list more than a year ago. Unicode would
be fine, and it is fact enabled in the new SDL interface. I haven't had
time to check how this affects the cross-platform problems. That was the
main reason why I hacked streamgetc: what looked fine in Linux would be
weird under MacOS and vice versa. Not sure that these problems would go
away just because we switch to Unicode.

BTW, the same problem exists with the German patch that Erik forwarded. The
ü is now supported in the kernel (together with å, ä and ö), but the ß is
not. That's why I didn't commit it yet. Maybe we should make a list of more
special characters and deal with them all at once.

Hans

Hans Ronne

hronne@pp.sbbs.se