Quick and dirty newbie

Wow...XCONQ looks very nice.

I am looking for an online campaign system to enhance play of an online
tactical ancients wargame (adaptation of miniatures wargames, DBA).  It
looks like XCONQ may be adaptable.  I have a few questions to get me far
along in what I would need to do with XCONQ.

1) I want to have players build armies and move them about.  When their
opposing armies meet, a "battle maker" is placed and data is returned to
game manager (me) and to both players to assist in setting up the battle
resolution via alternative means than XCONQ.  Alternatively and most
desirable is to have no need for a game manager/umpire...see #2

2) I want game umpire, or preferably, players, have a screen for them to
enter in battle results that then are used to edit the XCONQ units (armies)
at the former battle location.

Have these two items been done before?
Are they do-able, especially via a clean GUI for players?

Many thanks,
David Dickey