Re: Questions about some modules

Jim Kingdon writes:

> > For example, how do you fortify units?
>
> Uh, in advances.g you build a "stockade" or "city walls" unit inside
> the city unit.  Not sure if that is the same as fortify in CivII, as I
> haven't played CivII.

In CivII, "fortifying" a unit means to have it set up a stationary
defensive posture.  Think of a Roman legion constructing a fortified
camp.  A fortified unit has 50% greater defensive strength than
normal.  It takes one turn to fortify a unit, and the unit cannot move
while fortified; moving the unit automatically cancels the fortified
status.  A unit can fortify anywhere: in ordinary terrain, inside a
fortress, or inside a city (which may or may not have walls).  The 50%
defensive bonus always applies regardless of where the unit fortifies.

> > Something else I'd like to know: is someone working on a Conquer module?
> > Something based on the Conquer game by Adam Bryant and Ed barlow.
>
> Not that I've heard of....

That seems a bit ironic.  Isn't the name "xconq" derived from Conquer?