Re: Converting xconq to C++

>I'm somewhat cool on C++, with the #1 reason being that g++/stdc++
>isn't as stable as gcc-for-C yet.  But that's not why I'm writing....
>
>> Too bad, really, I've had a network version of XconqPPC lying around
>> since January that is ready for prime time.
>
>Drool, drool, drool.  Did you make some bugfixes which aren't checked
>in yet?  Or do you think there is something with networked games which
>is broken for tcltk but not for Mac?

No, the Mac version has the same synch problems. This has to be fixed in
the kernel. There are some subtle differences between the two which reflect
differences in how the main event loop works, but most games will fall out
of synch eventually. I have been able to play simple ones like flattops to
the end, but that  is exceptional. Some actions, such as turning the AI on
or off, have to be avoided since they always trigger a synch problem.

What I meant was that everything else (chat window etc) now works fine on
the Mac. It's all in the CVS sources, but compiling them on the Mac is not
trivial any longer. You need to get the GUSI library and follow the
instructions that come with it carefully. I put some further instructions
at the end of mac.c.

Hans

Hans Ronne

hronne@pp.sbbs.se