Re: Newbie xconq questions

>I'll admit I haven't read every word of the documents but I can't find the
>answers to the following.
>
>All of these are for the standard game.

Not my area of experise, but I'll do my best.

>Is it possible to build nuclear weapons, if so how, or is the inclusion in
>the build menu simply an oversight?

You need to develop tech level 60 first. If nukes show up in the build menu
before that in the tcltk game this is a bug. They do not show up in the mac
or SDL menus.

>Is it possible to build roads or canals (e.g. to provide a shortcut through
>a continent). If so how

I think not. However, you could always do what you do when you need a canal
in Civ2: build a string of cities across the continent.

>Is it possible to make armies or armour units wait somewhere until transport
>arrives, and when it does so to automatically board that transport. If so
>how?

I guess you could give them a standing order. I never use those myself, so
I'm not 100% sure about this.

>What is the easiest way to get armies to board a bomber, I know it can be
>done 'cos I've seen the opposition do it to me.

You are supposed to use the embark and disembark commands when both units
are in the same hex, but they don't seem to work right now. I just tested
them with troop transports in the WW game. Can't get the transport to leave
port either. As you noticed, the AI has no problems with this. Not sure
what's going on here.

Hans

P.S. The embark and disembark commands still work in the Lord of the Rings
game, so I guess the standard.g module could have been messed up somehow.

Hans Ronne

hronne@pp.sbbs.se