Re: Newbie xconq questions

> >Is it possible to build roads or canals (e.g. to provide a shortcut
through a continent). If so how

> I think not. However, you could always do what you do when you need a
canal in Civ2: build a string of cities across the continent.

Yup.  In standard.g there isn't much of an alternative.

I also think standard.g doesn't let you build roads, but the modifications
aren't all too hard.  Look at empire.g where it refers to engineers
modifying terrain, if you want to make a hacked one that lets you build
roads.

I'm moving into the combat actions on my GDL-game; I haven't reached roads
yet.  But it's definitely possible, because I build them in empire.g all the
time. ;-)