Re: status of things...

>I need to know how much of the logistics stuff works.  Do supplies get
>moved?

The supply code is rather buggy and used to be turned off by default.
However, checking gvar.def, I see that it's now turned on. Might explain
some problems I have seen in certain games ...

Anyway, I'm not sure the existing supply code is what you want. It works
like invisible pipelines that distribute materials from a base to units
within a certain radius. Look in supply.c for more details.

>    I want armies to need to bring supply trains with them; which
>will carry food, ammo, etc; but will the trains disburse supplies to the
>troops automatically?  Is there a way to force the computer to fill trains
>even if the base is running low?  (i.e., all supplies are collected for a
>last push)

You can always give manual commands to transfer a given amount of materials
from one unit to another. As for the AI, I don't think it can handle this
right now. You would need a new plan type for these trains (PLAN_SUPPLY).
The existing supply code is automatic, however, so both humans and AIs get
to use it if it's turned on.

>Speaking of trains...can a unit have 100 acp?  That's what trains need
>to be plausible.  (it should be very playable...just click on dest and
>train follows the tracks)

Can't see why not. There is no cap on acps. But you may want to increase
the speed instead. With 100 acps the trains would run back and forth a
number of times (up to 50) per turn. Is this really what you want? With a
high speed and a few acps they would instead complete one round trip to a
specific destination each turn. Seees more resaonable to me.

Hans

Hans Ronne

hronne@pp.sbbs.se