THE problem with xconq

I have been following XConq from the days of XConq 5 quite passionately.

Sadly, the last version I downloaded is 7.3.1. It has been a long time now
I did not manage to do a multiplayer game of XConq due to the networking
bugs and I have not yet heared on any progress on the issue. The code
seems way too tricky for me to untangle.

If XConq is to ever live again, forget all interface and eye candy issues
and fix the networking code. It was designed for multiplayer and it has no
life without it.

If you don't or can't, you could just as well drop the project. And that
would be a sad day since it used to be one of the most fun and
verstatile multiplayer games you could play.

Perhaps we should fish out the last version with multiple displays and
play with that??

-Jan