Re: chance1 in oplayer.c (was Re: Various problem with xconq)

On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 05:32:29PM -0500, Jim Kingdon wrote:
> >Beside of that, I noticed a whole bench of gcc warning like
> >oplayer.c:1129: warning: chance1' might be used uninitialized in this
> >function
>
> I think one needs to use gcc -O -Wsomethingorother to get those
> warnings.  It can be hard for the compiler to really know whether the
> case in which the variable is uninitialized can in fact happen.

The following tags were used:
CFLAGS = -O2 -g -Wall

(but in fact, -Wall does not repport all errors that the compiler van issue)

> Anyway, thanks for reporting this one: it might explain some strange
> behavior I was seeing with the AI resigning before I expected it to
> (then again, could have been something else).  I've checked in a fix
> (and mplayer.c too since this code hasn't changed since mplayer was
> split from oplayer).
>
> If you see others, please report them.

There is maybe 50 of them. Do you want me to send the whole build logs I get ?
(I already sent it to Hans)

Bye, Mt.