Survival tactics

When Quake came out, everybody played it. It was the only one of its kind.
When QuakeWorld came out, everybody played it. Same thing. And ID
provided the master server. Then they did game server finding tools and
started companies around them.

But Quake3 comes with its own server searching tool. No command line
arguments.

If we want people to play XConq, essentially a multiplayer game, and
contribute, we must make it easy to them. It must work over the net, it
must use some kind of master server with chat rooms and be easy to start.

That is because most people tend to play from their own computers, not
in their offices. At home, nothing prevents them to fire up Windows and
start a dumb, but grafically compelling RTS with a master server, game
finder and numerous game finding services.

I know I prefeer to fire up Total Annihilation (even under wine!) since I
know who to find players with (L)ICQ. I know no XConq player, and the AI
just does not do the trick.

After all, compared to XConq proper, this should be trivial?