Re: JConq

On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 07:51:58AM -0500, lduperval@microcelli5.com wrote:
> > So if you want to port xconq to java, I would encourage you to give it a
> > try. I doubt the result would be much better than existing versions, but I
uhm i gave it a try.....
2-3 years ago, maybe you remember...
i wasn't able to come up with a scema to draw the hexes and all the
layers above them with reasonable CPU and memory consumption....

> > could be wrong, and the proof is in the pudding. However, changing the grid
> > seems to me like an unnecessary complication. It is not this part of xconq
> > that needs to be fixed, it is the network code.
yeah....
a true server client design is needed....

> So what exactlky *is* the problem with the net code. Is it the code itself?
> Is it the design? Is it something else? Is it so incomprehensible that it
> should be rewritten from scratch?
design IMHO....
the server part should be completely extracted from the client...

--
ciao bboett
bboett@adlp.org <- UPDATE your address books please!!! CHANGE!