Re: Fixed: remaining problems in the xconq network code

> I think a reasonable first step would be to fix the -join/-host code
> so that it works the same way it once did. . . . Does anybody know
> this for sure?

Yeah, I don't know either.  I suppose with historical research I could
figure it out, but I'm not sure I see a need.

> However, perhaps a less sophisticated approach, where people who want
> to start a game can post their host ip and proposed time of game
> launch to a simple web-based discussion forum, could do for now. Is
> there anybody with experience in this field who would like to give it
> a try?

Maybe with a robot which probes the given host ip to see whether there
really is an xconq host running there?

Without that kind of aid, I suppose it *might* work, but it would seem
to be a lot of manual work to keep it running.