Re: Fixed: remaining problems in the xconq network code

> I will host a game on 231.45.81.92 at 2100 GMT later today. Anybody wants
> to join?

Maybe set it up as a Yahoo Group?  That way people can choose whether
they want to see it on the web or via email.  (see
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/castrofolkdancers for one example, if
people aren't familiar with Yahoo Groups).

I suppose the same would be true of a mailing list at
sources.redhat.com.  At least as long as the web archiving happens
promptly (which seems to have generally been the case).

I guess a web board which is somewhat customized to this purpose might
work a bit better than just using one of the above, but there's a
tradeoff here...  Minimize the work setting it up vs. have it be
maximally tailored to the specific purpose.  And I suppose using the
xconq7 mailing list itself - until the volume gets too big - would be
an even more incremental way of getting started.

Maybe the key idea is just that whoever is hosting should announce the
time and the IP address, and that anyone can join via the xconq
protocol (up to the limit on number of players, say 5).  And the
specific technology isn't really what would make it work.  I dunno.