Re: Some Misc Questions (Long)

> This sounds like a prime case for using materials.  The underlying
> limitation (manpower, treaty allowances, drydock tonnage, arbitrary
> "armor points", etc.) is written as a material, with construction
> requiring an appropriate amount.

Good suggestion.

You can set the treasury property (see for example ideas in
advances.g) if you want the materials to be available to the whole
side, rather than one particular city.

> For something like drydock tonnage, you get a fixed amount per turn
> per port, say, and no unit can store the "material" - use it or loose
> it

This might require some changes to xconq to do it without any storage
at all.  Although you certainly could make the storage capacity the
same as the fixed amount, which might be as good.  It might even be
exactly the same - I'm not thinking of any loopholes.