printable online docs

I tried the 'makefile' in the /docs directory of the latest Xconq download,
and got numerous
compile, etc. errors on RH7.   which means no docs, which means it's much
more awkward
to put together a game (I'm one of those people who needs paper to read from
start to finish, then
use online docs for specific questions).

I have several friends who've been really impressed at Xconq's website, and
what it says it can do,
but...
a) they need a windows build
b) I (and they) need docs in a more useful format (I don't even know what
format the existing docs
    are in; all I know is that I can't compile them into something
readable).
    Would it be possible to convert the docs into a Word format, since
everybody's got either Word
    (on Windows), or Staroffice (on linux).  Or, what about PDF or even
HTML, just so that one
    can print out a chapter or selected pages.  Word and PDF support
indexes; I'm even willing to
    assemble the indexing/TOC, if someone gets it into Word.

Regards,
Erik Jessen