Re: printable online docs

>I have several friends who've been really impressed at Xconq's website, and
>what it says it can do,
>but...

>a) they need a windows build

If they can't wait for 7.5, there is always the 7.4.1 that Jakob Ilves
built (though I noticed it's no longer on his web site).

>b) I (and they) need docs in a more useful format (I don't even know what
>format the existing docs
>    are in; all I know is that I can't compile them into something
>readable).

The unix documentation is in an arcane format called texinfo. If you have
problems with that, I recommend using the HTML manual instead.

>    Would it be possible to convert the docs into a Word format, since
>everybody's got either Word
>    (on Windows), or Staroffice (on linux).  Or, what about PDF or even
>HTML

The HTML manual is available on the web site. You can also check it out by
CVS, from the htdocs directory. Moreover, the entire HTML manual is
included with all Macintosh binaries (see the ftp site) and Windows
binaries (both Stan's old ones on the ftp site and Jakob Ilves' more recent
ones).

Hans

P.S. 7.5 (including the Windows version) will come out a lot quicker if
somebody helps me to test the new network code.

Hans Ronne

hronne@pp.sbbs.se