Re: More on advanced units

>First, it seems that if an advanced unit moves from one cell to another,
>it covers both the old and the new cell, regardless of its size and
>defined reach.  If it keeps moving, it covers every cell that it has
>ever occupied (as long as those cells were not already in use by other
>units).

Advanced units were not designed to move around. So the unit move code does
not know how to clear cell usage. I will look into this.

>Second, whenever an advanced (not necessarily acp-independent) unit
>vanishes for any reason other than starvation (e.g. it's destroyed in
>combat), Xconq segfaults.  That's probably what was going on when, in
>"Space Civilization", I tried to allow each civilization to build the
>next higher civilization (I used hp-to-garrison to make the old
>civilization vanish when the new one completed).

None of the current games have advanced units that can be destroyed (only
captured). So this may well be a new bug. Possibly related to non-clearance
of cell usage on unit death, followed by reference to a non-existent user
(the dead unit). If you email me your game that segfaults I will look into
this, too.

Hans

Hans Ronne

hronne@pp.sbbs.se