Re: ...and the AI's decision-process around resignation

On Tue, 2002-06-11 at 17:18, Lincoln Peters wrote:
> As far as the floating cities are concerned, there are some additional
> logistics that I need to figure out (let alone that bug that affects
> mobile advanced units), but I don't think that they'll be too difficult.

I may have spoken too soon.  I tried defining a "mobility" material that
controls the motion of floating cities so that they can move but still
be acp-independent and build stuff as they move, but it doesn't work so
well.  If I try to move a floating city, I either get a message like
"Your floating-city Limoux can never do this!" or the floating-city goes
into reserve if its destination is not adjacent to its position.

Is there something built into the acp-independent property that flat-out
prevents movement, or is something else going on?  I know that movement
worked when I defined floating cities as advanced but not
acp-independent.