Re: standard event bindings

>Lincoln Peters wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, 2002-06-20 at 14:17, Jim Kingdon wrote:
>> > Of course, this is a big job (either to finish the SDL one or to work
>> > on one for another toolkit), but if you are volunteering....
>>
>> I don't know anything about SDL.  I could try to make an interface in
>> GTK+, but I cannot guarantee anything.
>
>SDL is a lower-level kit than Gtk+ or tcl/tk, and is more suitable
>for doing "game-like" interfaces - non-rectangular toolbars,
>full-color cursors, and the like.  It can be more work, because
>you have to do your own buttons, menus, etc.
>
>It really depends on what you want to end up with.  If you want a
>game that looks like an office application, Gtk+ and tcl/tk will
>do the job.  If you want something that looks as little like an
>office app as possible, then SDL will be easier to do it with.

So did you run into any unexpected problems with the SDL interface? I'm
asking because you left it about 90% complete. The next major thing on my
todo list (after the 7.5 release) is to get the SDL interface into a
playable state. It would be nice to know if there are any serious problems
lurking in there. Otherwise, I think it is the way to go. Both for
aesthetic and practical reasons.

Hans

Hans Ronne

hronne@pp.sbbs.se