Re: Death of an advanced unit

>   Comments?

I agree with your analysis. The code in good_cell_colonize was just a first
stab at a working algorithm.

As for space colonizing games, which is how this thread got started, I
think an alternative approach is to do away with colonizers altogether and
instead seed the map with independent planets that you can capture and then
further develop. There are two avantages with this. First, it is more
realistic. You don't build planets in places you choose, you find them or
capture them (or so I imagine). Second, the attack and capture code works
exactly like Lincoln suggested the colonizing code should work, i.e. it
looks for those few cells that are worth taking and goes directly there.

Hans

Hans Ronne

hronne@pp.sbbs.se