Re: Revised exploring_worth function

>> It looks that way.  I did not know this game existed, but it has
>> all the units that were available in the "abstract" period, plus
>> a few more.  Some of the unit type names have changed -- the dreaded
>> "ogre tank" is now a "bolo."  It also has this annoying "research"
>> requirement, which I am unable to make happen -- with the unfortunate
>> result that I cannot build anything!  A rather boring game, if you
>> ask me.  B-)
>
>Are you running version 7.4.1?  There's a bug in it that prevents
>research.  I suspect that it appeared because someone was trying to
>configure Xconq to not ask if the player wanted to build something that
>the side has not yet developed and the selected unit could not develop
>(as would be the case with villages in "postmodern").  The bug has been
>fixed in the CVS sources; you should download and install them if you
>can.

To clarify things, the postmodern game uses tech development, not research.
And you don't need to do anything to make it happen. Just pick a build
target for which you are lacking the tech, and the city will first do the
necessary development before it starts to build a unit. This can take quite
some time. In the postmodern game, it is not until turn 50 or so that you
can actually build your first units. Doesn't matter a lot, though, since
these 50 dummy turns just take a few seconds to complete.

Hans

Hans Ronne

hronne@pp.sbbs.se