exploring_worth sub-module functions (Was Re: Side Mask)

> [Separating exploring_worth function into sub-module functions.]

This is a very minor point but may make a big difference to
performance:  would these module functions be inline?  gcc
supports inline functions in C but I don't know if this is
supported by all C compilers.  (It probably is.  In any case,
if/when xconq is converted to C++, this issue would disappear.)

I don't know how often the explorer_worth function would be
invoked, but if it's "regularly," then it needs to be as
efficient as is reasonably possible.

Hm, actually, I'm not so sure about that anymore.  Certainly
at the very start the AIs can take as long as the humans to
perform their moves, but later in the game the humans almost
certainly take far longer.

Maybe this whole issue is moot?

				Bob