Re: exploring_worth sub-module functions (Was Re: Side Mask)

> each unit blast has to stay on the screen for a fraction of a second in
> order to be noticed by the human eye. So xconq wastes a lot of cycles
> looping in the animation code.

Why not call usleep() ?  It is in the Single UNIX Specification so it
should be available on any Unix.  Dunno about Mac and Windows but we
could always fall back to the looping code if there are systems
without usleep.

> First, I cut the animation times by 50%.

Not sure I like this one.  It can be hard enough to see what is going
on as it is.

> Second, I added pre-flight code that makes sure the animation loop
> only executes for unit blasts and firing lines that are visible on the
> screen.

I think I like this one.  Seems kind of silly to be spending the time
on an off-screen battle (e.g. between two AIs).