Re: bug: RUN: xform_unit_view weirdness (Fixed).

>During the play of the game, I get the following message, which appears
>in Xconq.Warnings ... (I haven't bothered to trace this down yet)
>
>RUN: xform_unit_view weirdness with

I have checked in a temporary fix for this bug. It seems that the view code
requires that enemy occupants are treated as top-level units. The test
uview->unit == NULL was previously always true for enemy units, occupants
or not. Since enemy unit views now have valid unit pointers this is no
longer the case. Apparently, some of the uviews that are passed to
xform_unit_view belong to such enemy occupants, thus the run warning.

I will try to figure out what the real problem is. I suspect that the views
of units who disappear into transports do not get purged quick enough.

>However, this last save dies on recovery.  It segfaults here:
>#0  0x811c662 in repair_if_damaged (unit=0x81d76e0) at plan.c:1760
>
>    if (u_hp_recovery(u) <= 0
>    	&& (any_auto_repair ? !will_be_auto_repaired[u] : TRUE))

This is a completely unrelated bug. I thought I had fixed all instances of
it but apparently not. A fix has been checked in.

Thanks for reporting the bugs.

Hans

Hans Ronne

hronne@pp.sbbs.se