Re: bug: RUN: xform_unit_view weirdness with

Hans Ronne wrote:

Intrigued by the discussion on AIs, I updated and built xconq myself
for the first time in over a year(!), and noticed something like this too.
The game runs normally, but all drawing, both on main and world maps,
is bypassed, and the gray areas get larger and larger as you try to scroll,
resize, etc.

You sure picked a bad day to check out xconq again :-(. But now it should
work. This problem did not occur in the mac interface, which is why I
failed to notice it.

It's not happening to me now, thanks. But on the subject of viewing, I notice
that there are leftover images in uncovered areas that disappear upon redraw,
including in some cases images missing emblems, which is implausible for
something like a bomber. The rule is/was supposed to be that if the display
is all being done correctly, the redraw command should have no effect, and
from a practical point of view it's confusing if a unit image is there one moment
and gone the next, depending on whether you scrolled or something. I don't
remember if this problem used to exist though.