Re: Xconq startup dialogs

>Well, the font size under X11/tcltk is a lot bigger.  I also see that on
>the "Player Setup" page, the columns (Side, Player, AI, Adv) are too
>wide to fit in the window at its default size.  I also notice that if I
>resize the window horizontally so that I can see all of the columns, the
>button bar on the right grows proportionally along with the rest of the
>window!  There seems to be no point to that.

The font sizes under X11/tcltk should be back to what they were originally
(Helvetica 12 point) with this latest checkin. The "system" font that was
used for a while worked well only with MacOS and Windows. The player setup
dialog looks fine under Linux with the 75 dpi fonts. What version of unix
do you have? And are you using the 75 or 100 dpi fonts?

Getting things to work as expected when you resize the windows is tricky
since tcl uses a dynamic packing algorithm. I have fixed the chat dialog so
that it behaves good during resizing but I haven't gone through the player
setup dialog yet.

The best thing would actually be if you could email me a screenshot of your
player setup dialog.

>I also find that with the recent updates (not sure exactly which one),
>if firing is set up to depend on any materials, I get an "insufficient
>ammo" message whenever I try to fire at anything!

I believe I found a bug in the new check_fire_at_action code (an
uninitialzed variable). However, looking at the code again, I see that
enough_ammo, which cheks only for normal non-fire-at ammo, is called also
by fire_at_unit. So we probably need a new function, enough_fire_at_ammo,
for everything to work as expected.

Hans

Hans Ronne

hronne@pp.sbbs.se