Re: keyboard production setting (long standing bug)

On Sun, Sep 01, 2002 at 12:46:15AM +0200, Hans Ronne wrote:
> >If you use the mouse to tell a mover where to go, and then immediately
> >after use the keyboard (P) to tell a producer to build, between choosing
> >what to build (mouse or keyboard) and telling it where to build, the
> >display is scrolled an amount equal to how much the mover was moved.
> >(The map is scrolled back after the production location is choosen.)
> >
> >If, however, before building, the map is recentered, the map is not
> >scrolled at all.
>
> The map should scroll if the current unit is moving and gets too close to
> the edge. Are you sure it is not just this recentering that you are seeing?

If it is recentering, it is doing it wrong.
The producer in most cases is a non-moving city, so the unit is not moving.
Also, it moves the map the distance the *previous* unit moved.

I noticed recently that if I scroll the map by leaving the mouse on the edge,
it also shifts around strangely int the same place, but not as much as
it might have using the previous unit's movement.  (I.e, whatever the problem,
it is reset by scrolling the map.)

Sometimes the producing unit is scrolled off the map so that I can't find
it to click on it.

> If it happens only sporadically it may well depend on the position of the
> unit that moved.

It happens every time I do what I described above.
It only depends on the DISTANCE the mover moved or distance the map was
scrolled, not on the position of either the mover or the producer.

	Steve