Re: orange

>The LemonChiffon looks fine to me (maybe a little monotonous/bright to
>have so many things that color, but I'm not too worried about it).

I'm about to add a darker troughcolor for the unix interface. I just made
everything LemonChiffon by default while I was putting in all that color
setting code in tkconq.tcl.

>The orange for the off-the-world areas is pretty garish.  How about a
>darker orange?

I was sure somebody would have an opinion about this :-). I took it from
the Mac interface, which has had an orange background for ages (see the
screenshots on the Xconq homepage). The idea is to give a nice contrast to
the map content, which is usually blue and/or green. But it is a rather
strong color. I think if anything we might want to try a lighter color.
SandyBrown is more subdued but still gives a nice contrast (and its not too
similar to LemonChiffon either).

My ultimate intention is to make these colors user settable, like in the
mac interface.