Xconq design examples

Hi,
I have the following needs, which I couldn't figure out from existing games:
1) I want roads (which anyone can walk on), but also railroads (which have
the
    following attributes:
    - there's a maximum rail-capacity for each side, which is allocated at
the start
       of the month, and is used up over 4 turns.  (i.e. turn 1 you get 10
points, turn
       5 your railcap is reset to 10).
    - railcap can only be used on rail hexes that connect to major cities
(no using
      rail on isolated track)
    - supply can be sent via rail, but can't be sent via road.
    - rail lines are either side A, side B or independent.
    - their status is either OK or destroyed.
    - their capability is either connected or solated (isolated means they
belong to a side,
       but are not allowed to be used for rail transport, because they're
not connected
       to a major city).

I haven't spotted anything where both roads and rail have serious
distinctions.

2) I would like to have both navigable and non-navigable rivers; from what
I've read,
    I should make non-nav be 'border' and nav be 'slide'.  Is there a good
example of
    this coding?
3) I'd like to have 13 cycles per year, each cycle of 4 weeks.  I looked at
the
    calendar documentation, and couldn't figure out how to set the base
calendar in
    weeks, but increment by 4.
4) From what I've read, I can implement leaders as being able to control all
units
    within N hexes, but I'd like to have leaders control K units with in N
hexes, and
    'K' and 'N' vary between leaders.   How can I do that?

Again,
I'm mainly looking for examples; I've grepped through the existing code, but
the
examples I found either I couldn't figure it out, or it wasn't applicable.
I've also gone
through the online docs at the redhat website.

Thanks,
Erik