Re: Countries

>Hans,
>Thanks for the info; I'll add it to my 'designer's notes'.
>
>It would seem that the easiest way to add provinces, is to simply treat them
>as 'sides' that are allied to one or the other main side.  then, one simply
>allows an infinite # of sides (v. hardcoded limit). But, I don't know all
>the ins & outs of this.  Would that work?

I'm afraid not. MAXSIDES could be increased from its default setting of 15
to 30, but anything beyond that is currently impossible. See config.h.

Besides, the side with all its overhead is not what you would want in this
case. Rather, provinces would be best implemented as a new type of extended
unit that can occupy more than cell. Or perhaps as a completely new data
type.