Re: To fire or not to fire?

>> It shounds like there needs to be a macro "has_occ" which the AI
>> coulld check to see if a city or transport has occupants.  I think
>> that's reasonable
>
>Only if it is also visible to human players.

This is exactly how the code worked once, but Stan changed it with the
inline comment "no cheating - not even for the AI!". Which does make sense
:-). We might make the mere presence of defenders known, but both to humans
and to the AI in that case.

>There are also other problems, like defining occupant (something which
>makes it impossible to capture directly?  something which makes it
>harder to capture directly?).

Yes. It would be possible to let real_capture_chance check for the mere
presence of defenders though, and return false under combat model 1, where
defenders prevent capture.

Hans

Hans Ronne

hronne@pp.sbbs.se