Re: VC6 build

>I finally got a VC 6 build of the latest version of Xconq.  I used the
>_int64 change to the random number generator rather than the other
>patch.  I had to remove the SetMessageQueue(64) line (which was already
>removed, according the the Changelog), and copy the timeval definition
>from util.h to tkconq.h.
>
>I created a parallel directory structure for VC, and left the files in
>the xconq directory.  If anyone would like my version of the patches,
>and the .dsw/.dsp files I used, I'll be happy to pass them along,
>although they're not directly usable, probably.

Great! Please send me the patches, and I will check them in. Could you also
please include a description of exactly what lib files you included in the
project, and what build settings you used?

>I have to use the -x option on the windows command line to get the
>dialog,

You mean just double-clicking the app didn't work?

and the -L option to find the files,

This sounds like the library path problem, which was fixed a few weeks ago.
Did you check out the sources recently?

but other than that, the
>standard game, at least, works.  The background on the checkmark boxes
>is much too dark for a black check mark, though.  I can't tell if the
>box is checked or not, so I'll probably play with the defaults some for
>me.

I checked in a fix for the Windows check mark problem on October 19. If you
use the current CVS sources it should work.